November 29, 2009

Sunday Blues from Turkey Overdose

Okay, so it's not really turkey overdose, since I ate turkey exactly twice this weekend: Thanksgiving dinner and Friday night dinner from the leftovers the hostess graciously sent home with us.

I guess what I overdosed on was Turkey weekend fun. You know--relaxing with friends and eating good food on Thanksgiving. Shopping, laughing, and relaxing with my husband on Friday. (We were oddly silly all day. I haven't laughed so hard in a while!) Shopping and relaxing with a friend on Saturday. Relaxing with my family on Sunday. Doing some nesting, last of unpacking and some arranging, throughout the weekend.

In other words, I spent the whole weekend acting like a normal person enjoying a long weekend off.

Only, I'm not a normal person. I'm a teacher. I'm a yearbook adviser. I'm a grad student. I have midterm grades due in the computer on Monday. I'm way far behind on the yearbook. My stupid weekly paper is due Wednesday. In other words, I needed to spend my weekend WORKING. But I didn't.

So I have the blues.

I'm not sure if I'm more blue that I didn't follow through on my responsibilities or the fact that I have such responsibilities that demand that I must work on a lovely long holiday weekend.

Blew, blew, blew it off!

1 comment:

Marie Chase said...

Greeat post thanks