May 5, 2009

Flashback to Flashdance

In celebration of our awesome CRT scores, the principal declared today a Free Dress Day. That meant that students could anything they wanted--within district dress code--and did not have to wear the standard, boring solid collared shirts and pants.

Holy cow! It was like 1984 in the hallways! Maybe 1985, 86, 87, 88, 89...whatever. Neon, leggings, wide belts, plaid, checkered...

How did that happen?

Even some of the boys, who I didn't know were head bangers, sported Metallica t-shirts. If they had been sportin' mullets and kickin' around hacky sacks, I would have thought I was in some sort of time warp.

I was a little taken aback. Just two or three years ago, their dress would have been in a celebration of an 80's spirit day. Their spoofs would make me cringe. To poke fun of the clothing of my teen years! As if! Today, though, it's what they call fashion.

They don't get it...but you know this is hilarious!

No comments: