December 17, 2008

Thinly Disguised "Wonderings"

  • If that kid is so smart, why does he submit his work to the "Return" box at the back on the room instead of the "Inbox" on my desk? Why does he still not know about this procedure in December?
  • Why did I not know that the in-house suspension room doesn't open until 8:00 a.m.? What about the students who have an early bird class at 7:00 a.m.? They get to attend one class and act like jerks? And since the office knows more than I do about the hours of in-house detention, why request work from me if the kid is suppose sit in my class? Thank you for your support, for making me look like a fool when I chew out a student for sitting in my class when she can't report to in-house, and for wasting my time as I prepare work for the student who won't be missing my class for in-house.
  • Why does it feel like the air conditioning is on at one point in the day and later the furnace is on full-blast? I can't figure out the pattern either. It just goes back and forth.
  • Are 50-foot ceilings really cost effective when it comes to heating?
  • Am I the only one that has figure out that my high-schoolers are so hot because they won't take off their sweatshirts (school-approved). Under the sweatshirts, they aren't wearing their collared shirts. Betcha anything. Sorry kid, I will not be opening the door or turning on the fan. Take off your sweatshirts! Can't? Tough!
  • Am I the only one who hates group activities for online classes? I can't follow the conversation in the stupid threads. Why won't the university use an application more conducive to creating online group papers like a wiki or Googledocs? I suggested using a wiki with my group last quarter, but they couldn't figure out how to use it. Sigh. I guess we all have our deficiencies because I have a hard time following multi-topic discussions with five people about multi-topic papers while keeping up with who thinks what, who is doing what, and who is revising what.
  • Am I too old to throw tantrums when I get lost and confused?
  • Can I call in "cranky" tomorrow?

No comments: