August 25, 2008

You Have a Lot More Stamina Than I Do...

The title is what the math teacher next door to me said when I told him that I still had two more classes to teach at night when the day was over at our school.

Stamina was the word in my head as I was unloading the dishwasher, making dinner, and helping with homework this afternoon. I wanted to rest on the coach instead.

Stamina was the word in my head as I was standing before my last class of the day, and there were three boys in the back were proving to be a tough sell.

Stamina was the word in my head tonight as I stopped at the store on the way from work to buy cold medicine for my sweetie who never gets sick. Of all the long days to need a nursemaid.

Stamina was the word in my head as walked in the door in the hour of nine and went straight to making lunches for tomorrow. I did not dare stop.

Stamina will be the word in my head as I drag my tired feet up the stairs and into bed.

I hope my stamina holds up.

No comments: