January 26, 2006

"Miss! Patricia's Underwear Sings!"

Just when I think I've seen and heard it all--I dare you to make me laugh in class--some girl wears underwear that plays music. Is this some kind of new i-pod invention? Hey, now that would be cool! But no, I don't think it is. It must be some sort of novelty, like singing greeting cards. And probably some Valentine's Day gimmick.

All I know is that's the last thing I expected to disrupt my class today. And I expect plenty.

Flatulence? Sure.

Tripping over a backpack in the middle of the floor? Almost daily.

Accidently flinging your pen cap across the room? It happens.

But having your underwear start singing? Who expects that?

And who would have expected that it would make me take pause so I could laugh?

I'd like to see any of you keep your decorum with the announcement that one of your student's bloomers is playing a tune. Go ahead. Try it!

No comments: