January 27, 2009

Butt...

It started a few weeks ago when I sent some girls out to take some pictures, and they came back with a dozen bad pictures, including...

"Why do we have a picture of a pigeon's behind?"

"Miss! It was a really cool-looking pigeon--see the coloring? It's different from other pigeons, so I wanted to take a picture of it," they tried to explain. It looked like a nasty pigeon to me.

"Okay, I appreciate that you are looking for out-of-the-ordinary things, but why a picture of its behind?"

"Well, it was running away from us, and it was really hard to get a picture."

So, at least we know who won't be taking basketball pictures this season.

And speaking of basketball...

We had our first home game yesterday, and the Giggle Girls showed up to take pictures. I coached them on angle to look for and where to stand, but they kept backing up away from the court--and I caught them trying to take pictures of action across the gym. I should have stressed, but I didn't. Lord knows I have wasted rolls of film trying to get great shots, and with our digital cameras there is no money wasted for bad shots. But then with our crappy digital cameras, it's nearly a miracle if we can get a clear shot.

During class, we uploaded the pictures, and I projected them on the board. Sure enough, many of the pictures had 80% gym floor and some tiny, grainy people. There were some good pictures, though. Some clear action shots with players' faces--from the other team of course. That is a total Yearbook Murphy's Law, by the way.

The rest of the pictures were of butts. Butts rebounding. Butts blocking. Butts dribbling the ball away from the camera. And cheerleader butts. Now cheerleaders don't move that much. Why did the Giggle Girls shoot from behind the cheerleaders? That was poor judgment. The other photos were just bad luck. I think, anyway. When they start saying, "Oh, but #24 has such a cute butt!" I have to wonder about motives, and I want to rip my eyes out at the thought. Thank goodness for delete.

So, much to the chagrin of my hip, young staff, I decided that Honky Tonk Badonkadonk should be our new theme song.

They are hardly amused by my sense of humor--or taste in music. Maybe torture by Trace (my country crush!) will motivate them to take better pictures. If not, at least I'll be amused during yearbook. And why shouldn't it be about me? Staffs come and go, but the yearbook adviser never dies. She just gets crazier.



Shhhh! Don't tell them that some of my favorite family photos are taken from behind. Is this okay, though? Let's wait to read the comments from my mother and my brother! ;-)



No comments: