October 13, 2008

Why It's a Good Idea to Have a Copy of the Master Calendar

Ever the professional teacher, I usually end up screwing up something important every quarter. Something important like addressing all the benchmarks. Yeah. Something always falls off the radar.

I'm in pretty good shape this quarter, except I thought the quarter ended one week later than it really does. Oops! I'm so glad I figured that out before it was too late. You know like before assigning a project to be due after grades have to be in or something goofy like that.

With my, ahem, ever-present professionalism, I'm keeping my eye on November. Last year I had barely two weeks of regular instructional time, and this year isn't looking much better.

I don't want to complain, though. I could use four days off in November. In fact, I could sure use four days off in October.

No comments: