September 21, 2008

Whatever Groove

Arg! Finished week 3 of my first class, and I'M SO $%$* OF WRITING PAPERS! Every stinkin' week! My sweetie says it will get easier as I get my groove.

Whatever.

My groove involves dropping a text book on my face every night as I try to read a few pages before going to bed and sequestering myself from my family on the weekends. The good news for the kids is that my groove is starting to look like take out for dinner every weekend, too.

It's 8:30 P.M. and I haven't written lesson plans for next week. I know what we're doing, but I don't think I have it in me to write the specific essential questions and language objectives. I'm all fogged up. With morning will come clarity. I hope.

Next week I get to read a book and write a paper--with a group. I'm rolling my eyes right now. I'll let you know how that goes. There are indicators showing that it's a disaster waiting to happen. In the back of my mind I am thinking that I should be prepared to read a book and write a paper by myself. That might be going against a constructivist approach to learning or some jargon like that.

Again. Whatever.

No comments: