January 20, 2007

Out of Touch in a Long Week

It seems like I've been MIA lately. Where is the time going?

We finished up the semester this week, and although I have until Monday to get my grades uploaded, I was able to leave the 1st semester behind me at 2:30 p.m. yesterday. Wahoo!

Thank goodness I had a prep the last hour so I could grade my tests because I heard there was a near riot with only one working scantron machine in the teacher's lounge after the school day ended. I don't know the details, but I'm imagining a long line of 60 angry teachers and some not-so-proper language. The scantron machines go largely unused except during midterms and finals, so the fact they they would dare breakdown when we need them the most is pretty typical scenario in a teacher's life, isn't it?

On the student front, just in case I haven't mentioned it before, I am so glad to move on to the next semester. I have quite a few students who'd dug themselves a pretty good hole, and I'm so happy to be done with their drama. And wouldn't it be nice for them to start with a clean slate again?

On the homefront, I can't even tell you what's been going on, but it's been hectic. The kids are visiting their mother's family this weekend, so we enjoyed a nice quite brunch out. My sweetie started asking me all these questions about my trip to northern Nevada last weekend. Could it really be? It's taken us all week to catch up on the news? How sad!

I started two online classes this week, but I haven't really done much course work, so I need to get it together this weekend. Uhm, that would include a game plan for the duration of the class because I can already see how I don't have time for everything. That's pretty typical for a teacher's life, too.

No comments: