July 28, 2005

"Huh? Blog? Wassat?"

Why does blogging sound interesting to me? I've seen quite a few while surfing out and about. There's some good stuff out there! Well, okay there's a lot of weird-ass stuff that I don't understand, too. To each his own! While wandering about, I thought it might be something I'd like to try, too. So, I'm stumbling around blindly trying to figure this out. What is this is all about and why people do it. I've asked some friend what they know about blogging, but few of them have any idea what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if we're all culturally illiterate or technologically challenged--or both!

I'd love to be a more diligent writer--yea, me and a million other people. I've spent much of my summer in the Southern Nevada Writing Project Institute, and it has totally refreshed me. Our catch phrase: "It will change your life!" Well, now that my life has changed, I don't want to revert back to my wannabe ways. Like I wannabe a writer. How lame! I've been many things in my life, but I've been a writer for over twenty years. It's just that sometimes I don't practice. I wannabe a practicing writer, I guess. I just gotta fight with life to make sure I get my share of time to dedicate to the craft.

Will this blog give me opportunity? We'll see.

BTW. I have other reasons for experimenting with this? Any guesses? Stayed tuned!

No comments: