So, some things I've been thinking about. Perhaps somebody has new insight to add?
iPads Would Rock in the Classroom
- Small and easily stored
- Touch-pad is intuitive and user-friendly
- They are touted as being a good e-book readers
- Great for web-based learning tools
- No usb port to import/store information, so it might be an issue with multiple users
- Easily stolen
- It comes with virtually nothing and apps cost extra money. How would that work with a classroom set?
- Typing anything of length on it is a pain unless you have a keyboard, which costs more.
- If a school does not have wireless Internet (and I visited one in my district last week), it would not be half as fun.