June 3, 2007

Last of the Sunday Night Blues...For Now

I get the Sunday Night Blues. This article describes a lot of what goes on during my Sunday. I'd say that tonight I'm more afflicted than usual because of all the things I need to do to finish out the school year.

Tomorrow is going to be a major GO DAY, as I try to finish assessing the projects that I didn't bring home over the weekend (not enough room in the car), make sure my final exams are ready to go since the copiers in graphics were down late last week, review the exam with the students, update my attendance reports for both schools (you know, I'm behind), take inventory of all the texts and materials in my classroom, stress about the number of yearbooks that haven't been sold yet, and seriously think about starting to check off things on my 18-point check-out list I have to complete this week--blah, blah, blah. I'm sure when I arrive at work tomorrow morning, I'll find more things set out on my desk that's I've forgotten about over the weekend.

It's unlikely I will get to sleep tonight, and I will pay for it later in the week when I fall down in exhaustion around Wednesday from lack of sleep and extended work days on Monday and Tuesday.

It's all good, though. This is the last Sunday I'll have the blues for several months. Oh, I'll still get twitchy for a few weeks because I've been afflicted with Sunday night blues for a long time, but at least I'll be able to talk myself down. Next Sunday at this time the only thing I'll have to worry about is...NOTHING!

No comments: