July 1, 2010

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

It's my five-year blogiversary this month! Now, technically, the exact blogiversary day isn't until the end of the month, but that's okay because I'm celebrating for the whole month! Afterall, I have only celebrated one blogiversary at all during those five years.

Part of that reason skipping during the past is that I kind of think that blogiversary is a weird word. Oh, and not to mention, there are a lot of celebrations that others recognize IRL that I don't, so what's the big deal about a virtual one?

What's the big deal?

FIVE YEARS!

That's a long time for someone who did not even have a crystal clear vision about why she was doing this blogging thing. But then, I'm not in this to make money, so I've done quite well just saying things I wanted to say and gathering about five people who didn't mind listening.

In life, if one can gather a few people--friends--who can bear to listen to them through the good and bad times for five years, it's a pretty good life. I only have a handful of friends who have stuck with me that long, and I have no complaints. Although I have not risen to some great blogger status in five years is okay with me. I have met some pretty amazing people whom I would never have met without this crazy blog.

I've had some years where I was not a strong presence here. Honestly, in the past few years, while I was overloading myself with work, family, and professional knowledge, I was hardly a strong presence in my own life. Oh, what a strange feeling to go through life so detached!

At one point, I thought about pulling the plug on HappyChyck and maybe come back as someone else--maybe even just myself. I just couldn't do it, though. HappyChyck is too much of an extension of who I am. Bah! That sounds so sappy! I just wasn't ready to quit.

And now we're ready to party! But, uhm...how does one have a party on a blog? I am not good at parties. (Hmm...that's a story I haven't blogged yet.) Well, we'll do something. It will be fun. I promise.

So, BYOB, and stop by often this month!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Happy Blogiversary! Keep up the good work because I really enjoy reading your posts!

Your bro said...

Happy Blogiversary! I haven't kept up for all five years but I do love to read your rants!
Break out the blogiblender and have a blogarita!

OKP said...

Happy Blogiversary!  I enjoy reading so very much!